[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Cliff Claven is working overtime these days, lugging boxes of books about The Seven Fs to college campuses – generously paid for by people like you. (Cliff Claven is the mailman who occupied the left side of the bar on the TV series “Cheers!”)
February 3, 2011 was a big day for Tim Schmidt and me. Three hundred of our closest friends gathered together at the Metropolitan Ballroom to celebrate the launch of our first book: What Really Works. With the pop of a champagne cork, we introduced the world to the concept of “Blending the Seven Fs:” Faith, Family, Finances, Fitness, Friends, Fun and Future, for a satisfying work/life. The highlight of the evening was one very generous soul bidding $900 for a signed copy of the first book off the press. The money went to charity and that’s where the giving around the Seven Fs began.
That same evening, Tim and I proudly extended our own offer: “If you buy a copy of our new book, we will give one to a college senior at the school of your choice.” And that’s where Cliff Claven joined the picture.
By Thanksgiving time, more than 400 books will have been distributed to college Presidents near and far. On your behalf, we are asking 56 college presidents to give books to college seniors who are good leaders – the type of people who we want to shape our retirement era!
For Tim and me, the book signing party was a full sweep of all of the Seven Fs:
- Faith: by giving away 10% of the books we sold, we are tithing, reinforcing our commitment to stewardship.
- Family: the book signing party was held at Mocha Monkey, an artsy coffee shop and restaurant, owned by Tim and Jeanette’s son Jonathan. And Katie Batz (Melinda and my second child) organized the ‘you buy one, we will give one away’ campaign.
- Finances: the fact that we could give away so many books, means the first printing was a success! The book is profitable, and we are working on the second edition.
- Fitness: lugging 400+ books up and down the stairs is good cardio…
- Friends: nothing could be more satisfying than producing such a meaningful project with a good friend –we look forward to growing our friendship as we spread the good word about the Seven Fs across the land.
- Fun: book signings are a blast! Inspiring conversations with new book-buyers makes the process joyful.
- Future: introducing young leaders to the concept of living a life of faith, family, finances, fitness, friends, fun and future is very satisfying.
Now, here’s your chance: holiday gift-giving is just around the corner. Please think of someone that you believe would appreciate a copy of this terrific little book. Log on to www.sevenfs.com or visit Amazon.com – because it just feels so darn good to give.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]